Back seat floor #6

I finally finished the floor on the passenger side after painting the inside of the beam. First pained the back of the plate:

Then the welding started:

After grinding:

And the result after sandblasting, ready for some acid and paint:

Am I happy with it?

No, but it will do, turned out ok.

Some painting

Finally got around to do some well needed rust protection, got sick of sandblasting same places all the time just to find out they have rusted upon next visit.

Some welding primer:

Was already acid treated before, now 2 component polyurethane aluminium base coat for boats:

Inside the left rear wing, some spots where I fixed the soft top cover list and some just rusted:

Sandblasted as long as it was possible, the rest longer in will get a few acid treatments later, painted what was neede now, will do more later on:

The left lower corner I rebuilt:

Right rear:

Left rear:

The bracket for the silencer is welded in place:




Decided it was time to remove some things from the car, the windscreen to start with: My helper was not as patient as me, resulted quickly in one small crack and then I decided not to waste more time with it, the result: Too bad I sold the extra one I had, well, I guess it will be nice with a brand new one. The passenger door is already removed, time for the drivers side: Took a lot of photos of all the wires and crap in the door and then removed it: Waiting to be completely stripped and painted inside:

All pictures can be seen here:

Back seat floor #5

Continued work on the backseat floor, made the last piece on the right side, testwelded in place for adjustment:

The reinforement cup is supposed to be something like this:

Drilled a hole to see that I am on the “tap” that it should be welded on:

Sandblasted around the edges and weldingprimer on:

Testfit after cup is welded in place, holes for welding and sandblasted:

Out again, welding primer on, need to do some more painting before it can be fitted:

More listwork

Finished off restoring where the list for the soft top and trunk lid goes, drivers side was not so nice…

Grinding and sandblasting, someone used quite a lot of brass here:

More and more holes to be welded: But slowly it is restored: Same with the front:

Trunk lid corner:

Some rust…

Where the list is for the soft top cover seem to be a good place for rust. Same with the list for the trunk lid. I had some small things to take care of here:

Started with cutting away the bad:

Made some small pieces of metal:

Some welding and grinding:

All pictures can be seen here:

Back seat floor #4

The floor in the backseat is absolutely awful and I hate it, but seems it doesn’t fix itself, so better start working. I have previously started making a piece of metal for this:

Cut away the welds again and started shaping:

Ended up with something like this after it Went through the sandblasting cabinet:

Welding primer, acid treated, welded, grinded, needs sandblasting:

Looks worse then it is, it is far from perfect, but good enough, I cannot make it better:

More pictures here: