Right floor #6

Not much work done, sealed the joints and rustprotected more:

Test fit:

A lot of welding later:

Grinded, still have to do the holes for the temporary screws and some touchup:

Al pictures to this short session here:



Since I didn’t think it was enough I started looking for more rust and didn’t take long, made a more thorough inspection of the bulkhead and front wheelarc, more work…

Bulkhead, here was the decision made that the dashboard had to go:

Considering what I have seen online, this is not that bad, but it is in a bad spot:

Dashboard and other stuff out, dashboard needs fixing anyways, has cracks, was just not going to do it now:

Front part of exhaust had to go to be able to take away the rust/paint from where I am welding the floor:

Besides, I don’t like it, will build my own later:

More rust:

All pictures here:


Right floor #4

Found some problems in the front of the floor aswell:

No time to waste, get welding, this was a screw hole, might be for the plastic in the Wheel arc, well, now it is gone:

Usually I don’t approve putting double metal, but in this case I cut away the bat metal, sand blasted, welding primer:

Simple welded a piece on top, here is everything grinded and sandblasted, also welded in nuts for holding the heatshields from underneath: