Right from corner

Earlier I removed some of the metal:

New part:

Needed something to mark with, found a spraycan of Hyundai Red:

Accidentally drilled 2 spotwelds all the way through, needed to be fixed, placed a cupperplate behind and welded holes:

Test fitting:

Started off with Volvos welding primer as usual, the remembered I bought a weldable aluminium spray to test:

Didn’t want to get spray everywhere, so Volvo blue it is…, ready for new part:

It is a two part job, pop riveted it i place first to see that everything was ok:

Welded, grinded, painted, sealed and more welding primer:

Testfit och second part:

To make it easier to weld I grind the holes a bit, gets the paint of plus makes the edges easier to weld:

Work in progress:

Welded and grinded:

Metal

Bought some rubber mats since I will use it in winter:

20180909_115220.jpg

Absolute perfect fit:

20180909_115214.jpg

About time I do something about this corner:

20180826_200742.jpg

20180909_134205.jpg

20180909_134209.jpg

Need some new pieces:

20180909_134217.jpg

Also did some spraycan painting, will be this way at least over winter I guess, don’t know if I will try to paint everything myself or not:

20180909_134557.jpg

Plastic…

Finally got around to start repairing some of the broken plastic parts, thought it was as any ABS plastic, had real problems sourcing MEK (MethylEthylKetone) to solve some plastic pieces in, make a plastic slurry and glue them together with.

Turns out I was wrong, the plastig is yellow, does not solve and when heated does not melt, more or less disappears. Read the stamp, PUR= PolyUrethaneResin…

Started doing research and found some “heatglue” you can “weld” them together with, looked really promising, location USA…

As usual everything professional is not available unless you are a company when it comes to glues.

Did some thinking and remembered I have some glue somewhere which I bought for gluing carbon fibre parts, sure enough, Polyurethane 2k glue:

20180908_091004.jpg

So, making V-groves of all damages:

20180908_085834.jpg

Aluminium tape to seal it off:

20180908_165154.jpg

And start gluing:

20180908_165201.jpg

Front has a lot of small holes and 2 small cracks, unfortunately I broke the glue gun before I got to them:

20180908_181258.jpg

Sanded and glued from both sides:

20180909_134146.jpg

20180909_134156.jpg

Need some flexible filler….

Painting

My “new” replacement parts:

20180908_093915.jpg

Straightened and sandblasted (where needed) ABS-unit bracket:

20180908_145034.jpg

Rest of parts sandblasted:

20180908_145532.jpg

Painted:

20180909_091835.jpg

Not the original kind of satin black, this one is more glossy, but two layers will at least stop them from rusting.